Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Does coffee scrub worth the hype?

Since the end of last year, coffee scrub has become a hit among women and skin care enthusiast like me. You can look at social network like Instagram and Facebook, there are many brands and fancy packaging of this scrub. The sellers claimed this organic scrub is such an amaze-ball and do miracle stuff on our skin like kicked out our blackheads, reduce those whiteheads and acne appearance, peel off dead skin and also help us to say goodbye to our cellulite! WOW. Too good to be true.

So does coffee scrub really worth the hype or it is just a man-made fairy tales companies used to sell their product?

As I said, I'm a skin care junkie and my weakness is whatever that claimed they are organic (because I have sensitive skin).

Coffee scrub has been on my to-buy-list for long but it is not easy to pick a brand with so many other brands that offer you the same thing. Until one day I came across this one brand on Instagram and decided to give it a shot.

If you read my post before, I've told you that my ultimate problem is my forehead. Whiteheads, acne, rashes, all sorts of bums are there and according to the testimonials, this coffee scrub can help me to solve this problems.

200g of coffee scrub worth RM 39
We can also use the coffee scrub as a mask. That is how the scrub looks like. Just like the usual coffee powder.








After a week, I can see those whiteheads on my skin has greatly reduced. I actually have to restrain myself from using this scrub everyday because I want to see the result faster hehe. When I didn't use this as a scrub I will wear it as a mask and let in on my skin for good 10-15 minutes. 

Since it works well to reduce whiteheads and acne, I search online for other uses of coffee scrub. Here's what I found:-

  • Eliminate puffy eyes: wet the coffee scrub with water, thick enough to wear as a mask and put it under your eyes for 5-10 minutes.
  • Minimize cellulite: exfoliate and massage the area with coffee scrub to improve circulation and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
  • Promote hair growth: mix coffee powder with olive oil and leave it on hair for 15-30 mins.
Read more here

So, to answer my own question, 'Does coffee scrub worth the hype?', yes it does. Hence, it worth your money. You not only can use it as a face scrub but you can also use it on your body (save lots of money there hehe). Plus, it is organic so it doesn't contain any harmful chemical that might bring bad effect to your skin.

A tips for anyone with the same problem like me (whiteheads and tiny zits), don't use a harsh scrub on your facial skin. I know how annoying those things are, you feel like you want to rip it off with a sandpaper but don't. Using a harsh scrub will only cause tear on your skin and result to more break outs and whiteheads. Instead of using face scrubs or exfoliators sold at the drugstores, you can make your own scrub by using olive oil and brown sugar (white also can). Mix these two and use it as scrub twice a week. You can also use green tea in the teabags. Last but not least, coffee scrubs! Of course you can grind those coffee beans on your own and mix it with coconut/grape seed/olive/almond oil and brown sugar. I choose the easier way -- buy it online. Hehe

Till next post. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com