Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2016

My Favourite Sunscreen: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock

review

It has been scorching hot here in Kuantan or storming rain and nothing else in between so it is kinda difficult to decide if I have to bring umbrella or put on sunscreen before I go to class. But to be safe, I make wearing sunscreen as my daily routine so even if the temperature rise until 37 degree, I still have protection against the harmful UV rays. Prevention is better than cure, right?

And as I've mention up there, my favorite sunscreen has always been this one:
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+

What Neutrogena claimed it can do:
I seem can't find UltraSheer with SPF 50+ on their website but there were details about SPF 45+ and SPF 55+ which for me is pretty much the same.

According to them,
Neutrogena® Ultra Sheer® Dry-Touch Sunscreen SPF 45 feels like you have nothing on, but offers broad-spectrum protection to help prevent sun damage. 
This formula uses Avobenzone to provide advanced protection against damaging UVA and UVB rays, along with Dry-Touch technology for an ultra-light, non-shiny finish. Fast-absorbing, water-resistant and a non-oily formula.
 See more  here

In case you don't know what are the difference between UVA & UVB rays, I will write an entry about it later but for now, you may read at Neutrogena's website also. Click here.
Let's just say that UVA is way more harmful than UVB because it is hard to stop them from going into your skin. Even if you are living in your cars, the UVA rays can pass through your window also! 

What I think the product actually do:
I know I will sound like a bias because I clearly stated that this is my favorite sunscreen but of course there must be a reason why, right?

First of all, it is really light on skin, as if you wear nothing and it does dry quickly so you don't have to feel like wearing a layer of hair gel on your skin. I remember wearing sunscreen of one other brand and I hate it because it feels greasy, like I have another layer of oily skin on top of my skin.
Not to mention how important it is for your sunscreen to dry off quickly so you can continue to your other make up routine and finally off to work/class. You don't want to be late just because you need to wait for you sunscreen to dry, right?

Secondly, it is waterproof so I don't have to worry that when the day was scorching hot, I'll be sweating and my sunscreen will wear off because that will be pointless for me to wear a sunscreen.

Thirdly, you don't need half a bottle to provide whole coverage for your skin. A little amount is enough so you don't have to buy a new one once in three months. I don't remember how long I've been using this but I'm sure it has reached a year already.

Lastly, does it really work to protect me from sunburn? To be honest, I don't have any severe sunburn since two years ago but I can't be really sure either if this is merely because of this sunscreen because I no longer participate in any kind of sports that need me to be under the sun for hours everyday. So I can't justify on that :(


How does this product looks like:

It look and feels light on skin.

And give no visible effect (such as greasy) once you rub it uniformly on your skin.

Price:
RM 42.70 at Watson. You may buy online here.

Rates:
4.5/5

It would be a full 5 stars if I can measure the effectiveness of this sunscreen to protect me from sunburn.

Would I buy this product again:
Yes, definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com